NEP, Farang Connection Mama

Just arrived for the umpteenth seasonal roistering tour to find hitherto unknown bars in NEP and, in particular Farang Connection closed. Anyone know why: I know it was seedy, but that doesn't narrow it down. I had some great nights in there down the years and the Mamasan Jin was good for a giggle. I liked that lady. What happened to her? I'm going to be in LOS a while, so anyone with info on which bars in NEP are worth checking out, and which are to be avoided, please post me up to speed. Patpong seems more crowded with red-faced first-timers than ever. Any tips in that area too? cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by T. S. Eliot:

[QB]Just arrived for the umpteenth seasonal roistering tour to find hitherto unknown bars in NEP and, in particular Farang Connection closed.QB]

You should be able to find large chunks of your old favourite, including the excellent DJs and music collection, just along the walkway in DC-10. Most of the staff moved there after Angelwitch outgrew their previous site and took over FC. DC-10 is a very pleasant place to spend some time, friendly staff, great music and, to cap it all, the legendary No 69!!

I would be very surprised if you didn't find Rock Hard to your liking too, that's assuming you can find it at all (have they changed the sign yet??) - anyway, it's where Vixens used to be, 180 degree turn at the top of the escalator.

LG

quote:

Originally posted by T. S. Eliot:

Thanks, Long Gun. I'm well-advised, tempted, and shortly to succumb. By "the legendary no. 69" do you mean the naked madwoman I think you do? Hmm.
wink.gif" border="0

Well, I have to admit, I have never spoken to her but she tends to look a bit deranged most of the time. Great dancer though!! The woman of whom I speak is 49 and won the Nanapong Dance Contest #5 (I think - the one at Rock Hard when it was still in Clinton).

LG

Archived