Patpong revisited

Ranger

I was out last night with a Nana bar girl and she wanted to go bar hopping. Soi Cowbay was out as I have too many "friends" there and NEP pretty much sucks at the moment, so I took her to Patpong.

Let me state that I have always hated Patpong. The night market is a huge pain in the ass, the touts are annoying as hell, and the pressure for lady drinks puts a damper on enjoying yourself at the bars. In the year and a half I have lived in BKK, I have maybe been to Patpong 7-8 times and the only time I had fun was at Showtime's bachelor party at Pink Panther.

The first bar we hit was Kings Corner as my girl wanted to get a look at the ladyboys. There were maybe a half a dozen that were simply stunning and could fool most people if they were working in any other bar. When the real ladies took the stage, they were a pretty motley bunch and we left.

We went upstairs to Queens Castle 2 and there was nudity aplenty. A few of the girls dancing looked decent enough, althouth the lighting was so dim, it was hard to tell. The topless girls sitting around the bar were mostly hideous, but hey it's the first tits I've seen on display in a while.

We made stops at Kings Castle 1 and 2, and I must say the quality here has gone way, way downhill. I remember a year or so ago these bars were packed with stunners. In KC1, I saw a total of 2 girls that were barfinable in my book (granted, I am picky) and only 1 in KC2. It was fairly early too, so I doubt many girls were barfined already.

I can't comment on the friendliness of the girls as I had a girl with me. The drink prices were good at 80B for cola and nam som. One practice that pissed me off was I would pay my 160B bill with 200B and every time they would bring back 4 10B coins for the change. I wanted to take them all in protest, but I left 10B tips and had a pocket full of coins to pay the taxi home.

I came away again not impressed, but may give it another try solo sometime.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

It was fairly early too, so I doubt many girls were barfined already.

Ranger

IMhO most places in patpong suck until 9-10pm. That's when stunners start showing up and things start getting interesting. This is one reason the "just show up earlier" sentiment does not work for the 2am closings.

Patpong 1 is a big hassle and i'm surprised that there has not been a conflagration with all those f___ing wires strung about. Maybe I stop by Safari or Goldfinger. Patpong 2 is 1000% better imo. Cosmos, Crown Royal, Executive Club and my old standby- Pink Panther. Have some fish and chips at Bobby's Arms, tom khaa gai & yam nua at the Thai Room. Get a window seat and watch the puyings on their way to work.

Archived