Is Vientiane on the "sanuk map"?

MaakSiDa

It's a small city with a very small nightlife scene. It exists though. Any tuk-tuk driver can take you to the bars. No go-go, just sit down, talk and negotiate. Some cute gals, though you'd have a hard time getting one into your hotel. I've heard tales of communist police raids - protecting the morals of the proles, you know. The nightlife is more the knocking shop variety.

Plenty of action, but you got to know where to look. KopChai Deu has freelancers, although management officially discourages it, they are there. That same street, slightly going upriver, streetwALKERS, SOME are LB. the tiny one isn't.

Anou hotel supposed to have some available. At the end of the road along the river, going upstream, where the road veers off to teh right, a brightly lit place, with women available (according to ND at least). Novotel and Mekong hotel (opposite each other), have nightclubs with FL. even Lan xang hotel has a club, where the stafff ask you if you want a lady to sit with yoou, but I don't know if they dio more then sit.

Some MP will give you HJ if you choose oil massage, but not all. Tell me if you find one that does FS.

We expect a trip report with details. When desperate, indeed ask a Tuktukdriver around the fountain.

As a "sanuk" city, while Vientiane has available pleasures, it's not in the same ballpark by any means as BKK, Pattaya, or even Phnom Penh...as Jules says in Pulp Fiction, "it ain't even the same mothafuckin' SPORT!"

A previous poster was quite correct, most hotels are decidedly NOT guest-friendly...and no "joiner fee" will get you around that. But the girls--when you find them--all know where the appropriate short-time (which can mean all-night, and not very expensive) hotels are, out towards the airport. I even met one who took me there on her motorbike!

When you do find the girls, though, don't expect anything approaching BKK/Pattaya levels of professionalism (and I mean "professional" in the positive ways)...

preahko

Archived