CM2

gregchambers

Hadn't been in the disco under the Novatel in Siam Sq for five, six years so thought I would give it a go about midnight last night...

Bloody awful band pissed me off, doing what sounded like early seventies Motown - couldn't be sure as there was enough distortion to obscure a lot of it. What planet were these clowns on, not even any sick buckets handy. Got a bit better when a girl took over the singing.

Entry was 100 baht but that came off the first drink, 140 baht a go for a bottle of Carlsburg which was okay given that it was supposed to be an upmarket disco.

Last time I was there, plenty of student types, but now equally split between the youngish slaphead farang community and hardcore Thai hookers, with a few Russian hookers (I think?) thrown into the mix. Lots of African and Indian men as well, looking a bit lost and out of it.

Had one gal come on to me, almost the most attractive one there until I spotted her ultra expensive mobile phone. No thanks... she took three calls in the half hour I was talking with her.

I finished my first beer and was about to slope off when I spied half a dozen knock out Thai babes entering the disco... could have been refugees from the short time blues in Nana, thought I recognized one from G-spot.

Got my second beer along with a surreal wai from the barmaid - wow! Then couldn't find the half dozen knock-outs anywhere and by the time I got back to the mobile phone wench she was talking to some slaphead gorilla and gave me a nasty scowl as I walked past.

The toilet was safe to use, no gay attendands trying on a massage.

Another gal, couldn't work out if she was half Japanese or a katoey with a very expensive nose job, got a few smiles from her but a couple of her friends definitely looked like TV's so I demured.

Overall impression, some guide book a couple of years ago said it was a hot spot for meeting local babes and the place was living on its reputation. Nice enough to lounge around and the DJ was at least in the modern world with the music after the band finished but I don't think I'd bother taking a babe there, let along trying to pick one up... it might, though, be better on the weekend when the locals come out to play.

I was there in early December on a Friday night. Lots of locals that appeared to be student or office worker types. Lots of pros as well. I was ensnared by a nice young thing - a 7 in my book - who said she worked in a beauty shop. She quoted 4,000 LT and 2,000 ST. I didn't even bargain - just wasn't that appealing. I left and went to Angels.

The othe minor irritant is that CM2 won't let you in with open toed shoes. I had to buy a stupid pair of 150 baht socks to get in. Too small of course. I left them in the taxi on the way to Nana.

If you are goingto be in Bangkok for awhile, this would be a good place to find someone a little less hard core who nonetheless wants to meet westerners. For those of us on vacation, give it a miss unless you are young or good looking - alas, I am neither.

Archived