advice on what to do

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Shola:

Thankyou Raven, you just wrote my itinerary. I think I will make it though... I have a girlfriend and a very very strong sense of guilt (not a good combo), but I figure I have to see the infamous side of Bangkok.... right?

Bwaaa hhhaaaa haaaaaaa haaa (falling off chair laughing).

Me 2.5 years ago: "I have a (very beautiful) Chinese wife, but I just want to go down to Thailand for a couple of days, maybe I'll just look at the scene a little but not get too into it..."

Now: live and work in Thailand, consume the scene enthusiastically...

Between the and now: Standard stuff I'm sure you can figure that out yourselves.

Small piece of advice: if you think you have any kind of a dark side or unhappy yearnings hidden away in the recesses of your psyche, DO NOT COME HERE unless you are prepared to have your life changed!

• 2 weeks later...

"Small piece of advice: if you think you have any kind of a dark side or unhappy yearnings hidden away in the recesses of your psyche, DO NOT COME HERE unless you are prepared to have your life changed!"

Good grief!! I thought you were referring to ME! I don't think you could be more correct, this place can be the "kiss of death" for some. I guess that works "as a cure" for the "sickness". Certain friends of mine I do not encourge to come to LOS because of the above comments by TEDBKK. LOS could make for a VERY interesting study as regards the psychology of all the people involved (BG's and falangs). I actually think about this a lot and why the chemistry exists for some people and not others. I suppose it's pretty simple: in the West there are limits imposed on you, in LOS you are free to self-destruct if you are prone to do so, no real laws to protect you from yourself. You MUST have self-control.

I'm going to BKK for the first time too on 1st march and after reading Raven's itinerary I can't wait to get there! One question for you Raven, you didn't mention anything about food! I don't know about you but I need to eat every few days! crazy.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

Taipan

Sarisin, I'm going to be arriving in BKK early pm on friday 1st March, where are the 2 bars you mention (Woodstock or Warblers) and what time do you guys meet. I have thoroughly enjoyed my membership of this site and it has given me a huge appetite - no make that lust to get to BKK as quickly as I can!!! cool.gif" border="0

Taipan

If you want to take it easy just sit down at the Golden beer bar in front of the Nana hotel or ( my fav ) Big Dog's and drink a few beers watch the ladies go by and if you see any that interest you, just follow them to work. I enjoyed sitting along the rail watching the world go by as well as the go-go dancers, hell's angels( don't worry they aren't like the US kind )mamasans, vendors etc.

shola and taipan

I think it is very important to remember that there is nothing you can do to prevent a great time. Short of being a total jerk. LOS will seduce and transform you. Just walk into virtualy any bar. virtualy any restaurant, go to virtualy anyplace in LOS and your senses will be overwelmed. The food is better the beer is better the girls are better, and you will be better than anytime in your life. The price for all this? You will find that nothing else will ever do. So you will become one of the minions who must now return to LOS on a regular basis. Is this a bad thing? Hell no. You will soon have a reason for living. Enjoy

The food is better the beer is better the girls are better, and you will be better than anytime in your life.

"The beer is better?" I'm going to have to call you on that one. The beer is cheaper, certainly.

I will grant that it is "better" in that while drinking that piss-water you're looking at scantily clad beautiful women willing to fulfill your every sexual fantasy. But even ouzo would be drinkable under those circumstances.

My thanks to both Vegas Dave and raven for their input. I feel as though I have gone to paradise already and I'm not even in BKK ... yet and damn it won't be for another 27 days!!!! Wonder if I start pulling several pages off the calendar at a time if it will go faster? crazy.gif" border="0

Taipan

Taipan - you are correct, I forgot to mention food. Makes sense, as when in LOS, I sometimes forget to eat. In fact, one of the great things about going to LOS is that I typically lose 4 - 6 pounds per week on a short visit.

Anyway, if you must eat, and keeping in mind the one night grand tour that I suggested earlier, I have a couple of ideas.

The Soi 7 beer garden serves food as does Woodstock. But to add a little zest, try the Ambassador Food Court located on Sukumvit between Sois 11 and 13. Outdoors. Lots of freelancers. Board opinion (not always reliable) indicates that some of the girls here may be from the Phillipines or other foreign locations.

Also, there are numerous restaurants in front of Clinton Plaza and a couple in the Soi Cowboy area that are good. For dessert anywhere on the circuit, eye candy abounds.

Archived