Best Music in BKK

My List IMHO is...

Best Go-Go Bar music is ... Safari in Patpong

Best Blues and Jazz... Saxophone near Victory Monument, ( close second) Living Room Saturday nights at Clinton Plaza for the Soi Dogs

Rock....Imageries on Soi 24 Sukhumvit( their restaurant is good too)

Soul ... Tapas Room next to Saladeeng Skytrain station

Disco...Ministry of Sound at Soi 12 Sukhumvit, the sights of beautiful Thai women are good too :-)

Reggae... Saxophone... On Sunday nights.

Latin music...La Nina, basement of Le Royal Meridien

Your thoughts??

A couple of alternatives (though at a guess our tastes might differ at times):

Best go-go - DC10 (former DJ from Farang Connection) Massive collection, seems to play mainly requests, for Brits with memories going back more than a few years, it's not unusual to hear an hour of back to back Clash, Jam, Dexys, Madness, Costello etc, and god bless'em, the girls do try to dance to the music

Best Rock - Friday night at Rock Pub on Phya Thai, opposite Asia Hotel, but Rachathewi BTS, not Phaya Thai. Around 10.00 pm Bastard do their weeekly stint of classic rock covering the last 35 years or so, from Spencer Davis through Zeppelin via the Pistols to Radiohead (I think they are the only farang rock band playing regularly).

2 questions: 1a) Do T-Bone still play at Saxophone on Sunday nights and 1b) if so at what time?

2 - Does anyone know what happened to Jawa?

LG

New entry in a new category (for me) - best kind of western/Thai classical/jazz fusion - I really don't know how to describe it - Fong Naam at Tawan Daeng, Rama 3. Whatever it is called, this is beautiful and exciting music.

I am just going to post about this place/band in another thread.

LG

Archived