GoGo that plays Thai Music only...

MooNoi

You can't help but notice how lively even the most lethargic dancers get when the DJ puts on some Thai music. You'd figure the bars would get wise and play at least a couple of Thai songs every hour just to wake the gals up. But I suppose they imagine most tourists want to hear only western music. So they play the same damn songs over again ad nauseum.

How right you are! To hear a couple of Thai songs every hour would definitely liven the places up a bit. It gets boring looking at the dancers shuffling back-and-forth whilst staring at their newest pimple in the mirror. You would have thought more bar owners would have thought of it. If you go across the Chao Phraya to Pink Klao, there are a couple of good bars ("The Country Pub" and "The Isaan Bar"... I think that's their names - they're near the Pata department store anyway), that only play Thai stuff. Would certainly impress your BG (assuming she's from the Isaan), if you took her to the Isaan Bar were they play Isaan music! Might change your whole evening...ha ha!

P.S. Loso plays in Bangkok tonight! And I'm in Chiang Mai! D'Oh!

P.P.S. Oh - if anyone else is into the band "TAXI" and hear of them playing anywhere, please let me know! Cheers!

I think if the bars wanted a successful entertainment model they would play Western and Thai music in sets. I have been to many strip bars in the States where the DJ plays the music that the girl onstage selects.

I really tire of hearing the same old 70's/80's rock tunes everytime I go to a bar in LOS. That is the main reason why I spend about 30min in a bar and then I immediately head to a disco.

I really don't think that most Farangs would mind a mix of music. I know that the girls would defenitely love to hear more Thai music.

quote:

Originally posted by FarangDang:

First, if the Thai music is playing
all
the time the girls won't be as enthusiastic as they are when it only comes up once in a while.

That seems a bit of a perverse argument - make them more miserable for longer to get them hungry.
wink.gif" border="0

There's lots of different Thai music, just as there are many different Thai dishes. Most girls prefer Thai food practically all the time and they don't get bored of it.

Look in any Thai disco. Girls don't get bored there. They may rest occasionally, but they don't lose their enthusiasm when a song they like comes on again.

Second, most of the customers will want songs they know and can hum, or even sing along too. A farang customer is unlikely to step into a bar playing Thai music.

I don't think the average Joe gives a fuck about what type of music they're playing if he looks inside to see pretty girls having fun and spraying it around. They could be playing white noise for all I care.

I know what you mean, there are a lot of mamasn who will not play Thai music at their bars, so when I go to Thailand I take my own Thai CD that I have burnt with all the new Thai songs, the girls are impressed at the Thai music they know and Mamasn can not change it because customer asked for it

I never bother asking mamasan, just ask a cute waitress to put it on,then dance with her. If you have to put on rock Loso is popular, I prefer to watch the girls dancing to morlam,so much sexier than the usual shuffle.On a related topic I find Scorpion the best CD shops, esp the one in major cineplex sukhumvit-peter

quote:

Originally posted by Alfmaz:

Mamasn can not change it because customer asked for it

That seems a bit of a perverse argument - make them more miserable for longer to get them hungry. wink.gif" border="0

Yes, I'm a master of perverse arguments; by melding my only two skills, perversity and arguing, I've developed unique abilities to confuse and disgust simultaneously. wink.gif" border="0

There's lots of different Thai music, just as there are many different Thai dishes. Most girls prefer Thai food practically all the time and they don't get bored of it.

Look in any Thai disco. Girls don't get bored there. They may rest occasionally, but they don't lose their enthusiasm when a song they like comes on again.

I'm not saying they'll end up the 'shuffling zombies' that they are in most gogos, but don't expect them to be as intense as they are when that one Thai song out of twenty comes up. Also, if the bars were willing to play lots of different Thai music, then why wouldn't they apply the same principle and play lots of different farang music?

I don't think the average Joe gives a fuck about what type of music they're playing if he looks inside to see pretty girls having fun and spraying it around. They could be playing white noise for all I care.

We differ on that opinion. Some guys just go to have fun and good music (to them) is a big part of it. Some guys just go to find a sex partner, to them it doesn't matter what the music is or whether the girls are bored in the bar because they're leaving as soon as possible.

Good music and alcohol nicely fill the gaps when there aren't any interesting girls on stage (or disinterested girls are on stage). If they were to play music that I didn't like, they would have to make sure that there were always plenty of fine enthusiastic women on stage (or on my lap) or I would be off to another bar.

There's a reason why the majority of gogos play the same standard rock music over and over. It's not because they are all idiots; it is a proven winning formula. There is room for a competitor to try other formats, but I doubt any other format would be as popular overall.

quote:

Originally posted by FarangDang:

[qb]

There's a reason why the majority of gogos play the same standard rock music over and over. It's not because they are
all
idiots; it is a proven winning formula. There is room for a competitor to try other formats, but I doubt any other format would be as popular overall.

I would say almost all of them are idiots or maybe lemmings is a better word. Innovation and product differentiation is the key to staying the best in any businness(assuming proper fiscal practices of course).

The music being played in the bars assumes that the clientele are all 45+( I would think that most bar owners are in this age group). Lately, I have seen many patrons in the late 20-30yr age group. You should have seen the look on my face when I saw a skinny 17yr old American kid with 2 barfined BG's!

I have been to gentelman's bars in the USA, U.K, and Canada and I have always heard a better variety of music than the LOS bar standards.

I am sure if someone introduces a new music format then a competitor will do just fine, the other bars may just follow suit as all lemmings do.

Archived