Thai tourist visa in Cambodia?

Any one know the recent status of obtaining a tourist visa from thai embassy in PP?

I have not followed tourist visas lately but do recall Cambodia was on the shit list because they stamped some "unkind remark" in red in the passport about not returning for another one...

Is this negative practice still being done there? I need to go in July to one of the neighboring countries..

I won't be re-newing my contract so need to get a toursit visa before returing state-side...

I recall that cambodia is a whole lot more fun than laos when it comes to evening entertainment.

Penang would be my back-up choice for the visa that is....

Thanks in advance,

CB

Phnom Penh is not a safe bet for a tourist visa per thaivisa reports. But there've been a couple of reports of recent successes. If you don't have a bunch of tourist visas and 30 day stamps in your passport - i.e. it doesn't appear that you've been living in Thailand on tourist status - you may be ok. (I assume you've been here on a B visa.)

Their attitude seems to be they have way too much work handling Cambodians and Thais and that all others should go elsewhere for a tourist visas.

Awhile back someone mentioned using a visa agent in PP to obtain the visa. That might be the way to go.

-redwood

• 1 month later...

I have decided to go ahead and get a visa O/marriage for the time being...

Thus will get it in PP, cambodia since i had already lined up air and driver.

Anyone know what time in the afternoon is visa pick-up? I am assuming most seem to open at 1:00pm but you never know for individual embassies....

I have a 4:30pm return to bkk...

CB

Archived