Looking for GOOD Tattoo Palor in Bangkok

smile.gif" border="0 Hi All...Can anyone recommend a top notch Tattoo palor in Bangkok.I get 1 tattoo in every country I travel to,and heard they do some good work in Thailand. laugh.gif" border="0 Thanks

Sorry can't recommend somewhere but I do know that a lot of the Navy guys get ink when they are in Pattaya. Some bring their own needles over health concerns but I believe that only partly solves the problem as bacteria can reside in the ink well in the machine.

Tattooist are everywhere, I have even seen guys getting them in the Soi Bukhow (sp?) market.

If you have some experience of tattoos I would look carefully at their sterilization equipment. You are right though, there is some first rate work done in Thailand.

Rico,

Stump is right ,there are a lot of stunning tatoos seen here in Thailand.....but they are seen on guys who got there ink elsewhere!

Look around mate,I think you will find that some of the work is hit and miss ,while others look impressive.

there was a thread on her a while ago.. Tatoos in LOS I think.. something like that.. Check for that it had lots of info

I have been tatooed four times in Thailand.. two at shops and twice at temples by monks..

I can honestly only recomend one place.. clean new nedles and good work..

Jimmy Wong Tatoo on Sukhumvit soi 5, just past Foodland about 50 metters on the same side. He is considered to be the grandfather of modern tatooing in Thailand, modern being with a machine and not a stick

He has been tattooing since Vietnam war days and can do some great asian designs.. one recomondation.. get a design he likes.. dragon, Koi, asian shit.. he will do anything but can do some better than others

Tell him OFAY sent you and he will tell you what a pussy I was when he did my stomach

• 2 months later...

laugh.gif" border="0 Hello everyone....and thanks to all that replied to my post....

I just returned from Thailand after 30 days...with my new Tattoo...

I did go to Jimmy Wongs by Foodland...he might be one of the best,but actually getting to see him is another thing....I did see him only 1 night after going 5-6 times...there was always other tattoo artist there....When I did see him and described the design I wanted,he quoted me a price of 38,000B shocked.gif" border="0

Was almost going to go with him...but like I said...I could never catch him in again....

So in my travels in Bangkok I was recommended to a fellow called KOM...in front of the Ammbassitor..(Sp??) Hotel around Soi 11.

He has a very clean place...does TOP NOTCH work....nice person...and on top of all that he did the same desige for 9,500B and even recolored an old one for me....

So..if anyone wants a great Tattoo while in Bangkok,I would recommend..KOM's.....

Write me if you want more info..... smile.gif" border="0 Ricoman1

Out of interest how big/complex/colourful was the tat you got done? I have often wondered about the cost in LOS . I have paid 5000B on 1 occasion & 3000B on another at 2 different places . I thought I may have paid too much but now I am not so sure . Just interested & I will check out the guy you mention next time. smile.gif" border="0

smile.gif" border="0 Hi Zoot....I would say its a fairly large one...It is of a Dragon raising out of the earth and breathing a fireball with the Ying/Yang sign...It starts halfway down my back on the right side...that is where the split open earth starts with the Dragon comming out...the dragon then is up my back and over my shoulder...encircling and old Tattoo of a slave girl...and then ending up with the head on my front chest...Very well done..and for around 200 US a steal...He also did a Tribal arm band below it for an extra 30 US.....

I found his address and phone #...its:

Kom Tattoo

Ambassador Plaza

Sukhumwit Rd.

01-8200919

If you have an E-mail address and are interested I can send you a photo of the front part of the Tattoo he did....or if you go into his store,he should have a copy by now...

Good Luck....Ricoman1

PS...What did you get done for 5,000B?? laugh.gif" border="0

Ricoman1 , that sounds like a damn nice tatt mate , well worth the money I would say & it sounds like your happy with it , which is great .

The one I got for 5000B was a collection of words , only 2 colours , black & red , covering the part of my stomach where my beer belly is currently hibernating .

How long did your one take , sounds like it must have taken a while , did you have to go back a few times ?

e mail me a picture at khup69@hotmail.com if you have one handy .

Take care . smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Archived