PC Software

I've read some postings recently that the software companies are reducing the price of their software in Thailand to 'persuade' them to buy the legit copies. Any idea which manufacturers, what the legit prices are in Thailand and where from?

Thnaks for info.

I was also curious about software. I heard that they will no longer sell you pirated software on the spot, that you now had to have it sent to you... is this accurate.

Also, I know they sell microsoft and adobe stuff, but do they sell mindless games as well.

One more thing, is the software they sell in English?

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Shola:

I heard that they will no longer sell you pirated software on the spot, that you now had to have it sent to you... is this accurate.

Also, I know they sell microsoft and adobe stuff, but do they sell mindless games as well.

One more thing, is the software they sell in English?

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

This happens every few months, they ship the stuff to you address with EMS, it has to be signed for.

Software is available in most language versions, the majority of it is in English and yes the do sell games. Mindless software???????????????

quote:

I was also curious about software. I heard that they will no longer sell you pirated software on the spot, that you now had to have it sent to you... is this accurate.

This happens after a police clampdown every few months. The thing to do is always buy from one vendor. Once they know you they'll sell to you during these clampdowns.

"Or, alternatively, if the police do clamp down on Panthip Plaza, will there be other places that are a bit more open? Are there other places, in general, that will sell PC games?"

There's more stuff in Mah Boonkrong Center, 4th floor. But the choice is nowhere near a wide as at Panthip.

"Or, alternatively, if the police do clamp down on Panthip Plaza, will there be other places that are a bit more open? Are there other places, in general, that will sell PC games?"

There's more stuff in Mah Boonkrong Center, 4th floor. But the choice is nowhere near a wide as at Panthip.

One more question: If they do have a clamp down during my SHORT visit to Bangkok, is it safe to have them send it to my home country (Taiwan), or should I give them the address of the place that I will be for a week in Ko Samui? Can they be trusted? Will the software always work? Should I make them show me the home directory in the store? Am I thinking about this entirely too much?

Or, alternatively, if the police do clamp down on Panthip Plaza, will there be other places that are a bit more open? Are there other places, in general, that will sell PC games?

Thank you for your informative and helpful answers.

P.S. Mindless software : Not all games are mindless, but it is such a waste of my time.... but I can't help it.... I am 28 and still addicted to video games. frown.gif" border="0

Must admit that i have never bought the legit stuff here in Thailand so I can not help with prices. No doubt somone else can.

However Panthip Plaza is also home to many stores selling the legit .

Check them out.There are 5/6 floors to choose from

Give me an idea of what you are looking for and next time i am down there i will check it out for you if you like

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: phiketpete ]

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: phiketpete ]

Archived