music festivals

sayjann

what was your fave you have ever attended?.

could be a 1 Dayer or a 3 Dayer etc.

i never felt the urge to go to places like Glastonbury or Reading for 3 Days and live in squalor(at times).

these Days a 1 Dayer with 3 or more acts is classed as a festival.

i enjoyed the Sex Pistols/Iggy Pop/Skunk Anansie/Buzzcocks a few Years ago.

Neil Young/Pearl Jam was also a goodie.

saw The Who/Stranglers/AC-DC over 30 Years ago and that was a superb Day out.

Yesterday i saw Neil Young again with Primal Scream(who were brilliant)and 2 new acts.

Everest from LA and Laura Marling who is an 18 y.o old singer from my neck of the woods.....very impressed.

but why do i hate festivals?.

yesterday is an indication.

arrived at Midday and it rained for 5 Hours and at times torrential(but i knew the forecast and had prepared for the weather)but still no fun,still soaking wet for the rest of the Day.... :(

£3 for a small coffee and after 9 Hours i had to succomb and pay £4 for a burger(i was starving and it was good..... :) )

knew there was no point trying to leave the venue after the event because of traffic and just had a nap in the car while the idiots tried to leave.

3 Hours or so after the gig finished i finally moved the car and got out of the place.

clear journey home home apart from the terrible rain.

at times i was having to drive at 30 Miles on a motorway/freeway because the visibility was so poor.

how do people spend 3 days in a tent in this weather?.

but the worse thing was that Neil Young(one of my faves)was a disappointment.

Guest lazyphil

never been to a music festival. the cambridge folk festival is a big national event. not really my cup of tea really.

Archived