Pattaya Marathon 20 july 2008

elef

Pattaya One News

2008-07-11

Link

Pattaya Marathon Press Confererence.

On 20th July, the Pattaya Marathon 2008 will take place and on Thursday, Khun Prachar, the Governor of Chonburi Province led a press conference to officially announce details of this yearâ??s race which is a highlight of the Pattaya Events Calendar. The race will start and finish in front of Soi 4 on Pattaya Beach Road and there will be 4 other races apart from the main Marathon race itself. The first race which will get underway at 4.20am is the wheelchair race which will be followed by the Marathon Race at 4.30am. At 5am, the Half Marathon will begin, followed by the Quarter Marathon at 5.30am. The last race to get underway will be the Student race at 6am. This is Pattayaâ??s 15th Annual Marathon and the male and female winners of the main Marathon Race will win a Trophy and 200,000 Baht in cash. A cash bonus will be paid for the winner if he or she breaks the course record which is currently set by Joel Kemboi from Kenya who won last years menâ??s race in a time of 2hrs 19min 38secs and Feri Subnafeu from Indonesia who won the womenâ??s race in 2003 in a time of 2hrs 51min 49secs. For more information on the Marathon you can log on to www.pattaya-marathon.com

i've run many marathons in the past but would never want to run one in Asia.

no matter what the start time is......no much diference any time of Day.

too hot and humid for me.

ran in Copenhagen one Year and just wilted in the heat,no fun.

and Stockholm was also hot.

• 3 weeks later...
If Sayjann can run a marathon in spite of 40 fags a day,you can do it hopping a long on one leg!

in Stockholm i was wilting at around 19 Miles and dying for a fag.

saw a couple having a picnic while enjoying the weather and the race and both were smoking.

gave me the chance to bum a fag from them and they even gave me 2 glasses of wine..... :)

the Swedes are very civilised IMO........... :)

Archived