Bargain shopping - Pattaya

robaus

Yesterday I finally got around to visiting a store that Jmacias90 recommended on the old board (many thanks to him), and he was spot on with how cheap the goods were and variety, but I have a few more details on directions.

The store is Lukdod Shop lukdodshop@cnet.net.th open 8am-6pm Tel.038 423223 Fax 038 428357. It's like a warehouse where you will find all the crafts, trinkets,laser pointers,watches,luggage, spectacles etc etc and kitsch stuff you see on the stalls all over Pattaya. But at a fixed low price. No bargaining. Most have six numbers on the price tag. The first three is the price of the item if you buy a lot of that item. The last three is the price if you buy only one.

To get there, head for the air con bus station for buses to Ekamai and Mochit on North Pattaya Road. Cross the road and go about 50 metres away from Pattaya towards Sukhumvit Road to a little soi on the right with a sign advertising a driving range and golf. It's about 150m down that soi on the right. Tell the taxi driver you want to go very near to the bus station when negotiating fare... maybe 50/60 baht from Pattaya town centre.

Ideal place to pick up souvenirs or at least it gives you a starting price for haggling with the stall holders in town.

Good luck, mate.

The web site you have listed,doesnt appear to exist.Ive tried variations and a search facility but no luck.Can you reconfirm site address.Thanks.

rastus,

I just copied the details off their card. it's just an email address. can't vouch for it being current. The directions are valid though.

The address on their card is 209/10 M.6, Naklua, Banglamung, Pattaya. I didn't include it before because people might think it's up Naklua Road somewhere. It isn't, its down by the bus station.

Archived