Real Rolex in Thailand

During my first visit to Thailand I bought myself an IWC Fliegerchronograph at Pendulum in Emporium.

I know that if you go to Singpaore watches are cheaper there. I bought my girlfriend a Cartier Tank Frascaise there for about 70000 baht where as this sells for 85000 baht in Bangkok. The luxury import taxes are higher on these items.

Still I managed to save on my IWC over what I would pay in the US for it.

There's a big rolex sign on the way to Superrich opposite World Trade.

And inside World Trade there's a lady that has a small shop that stocks second hand watches but you want to know what you are buying before making your purchase there.

quote:

Originally posted by KhunK:

While travelling on the sky train toward Sapan Taksin, I remember seeing a big ROLEX sign just past the Sala Dang/Patpong station where the train turns left off of Silom road.

But why pay over 200,000 baht when you can go to the corner of Sukumvit soi 7 and buy 3 Rolex's for only 1000 baht? Not many people will know they are fake.
wink.gif" border="0

You can also buy a fake bright orange or lime green Polo shirt if you feel so inclined.

I bought a fake Rolex for my dad and he wears it on special occasions. It was so real that he got the attention of internal affairs who thought he was on the take.

I know another farang who bought a fake ROLEX and it is still working well after four years. However, my brother also bought one and it broke after a month.

Happy shopping.

Thanks for all the responses... Gave info to friend.. Still considering it.... I bought a fake one on my last trip, still keeps great time.. $40 us dollars!.. What a country thailand is... smile.gif" border="0

Thanks all... smile.gif" border="0

Newportgambler, if you bought a fake Rolex for 40 bucks US then you were taken big time! You can buy a fake Rolex for as low as 350 baht on Sukumvit! Indeed, as you said, "What a country thailand is..."

wink.gif" border="0

If your buddy wants a chronograph(I am just assuming this for conversations's sake), I would tell hime to buy an IWC, KeleK-(recently purchased by Breitling makes movements for many watchmakers and still makes limited pieces in it's own name) or Zenith El Primero-(movement was modified and used in the Rolex Daytona model,Rolex now makes their own movement). Stay away from Rolex, with them you are paying Four Season's prices for a Marriot room. James Bond was the best thing that ever happend to that watch, when he wore it every yahoo in the world had to get one, too bad the same magic never happend for Omega. The only value a Rolex has in my opinion is you can pawn them real fast.

Regards,

JJSUSHI

(I will never wear a Rolex unless I win one in a poker game!)

• 2 weeks later...

To KhunK:

There is a wide variety in prices for fake Rolexes on Sukhumvit, just like there is a wide variety of quality. Don't tell me they all come from the same factory because they don't. Some of them contain excellent movements, others don't.

As for the real thing, I ran across a Rolex shop near Khao Sahn road that seemed to have a reasonable selection.

For new ones, try Pendulum (either Emporium, World Trade and Peninsula Plaza). Due to exchange rate they are extremely good value now. Do not hesitate to ask for discounts. They do give them all the times.

Archived