TOASTER OVEN ?

I've looked for a decent toaster oven in bkk with no luck: ( robinsons, lotis, ect)

the closest think I found ( and bought unfortunatly) was a pirex bowl with a briolling top/timer set up. ( a real pile of junk) imho.

I would bring one with me, but running a 120v one on 220+ would take a really large transformer. ( plus a lot of guff from customs in the airport) btw: you notice they are xraying some of our stuff after we pass in our costoms forms?

Probably afraid we will bring in our own computer or something.

any suggestions are welcome.

quote:

Originally posted by pasathai:

I've looked for a decent toaster oven ...

any suggestions are welcome.

You might check out Virasu (not sure of spelling)which carries lots of electrical appliances. I know they carry toasters but not sure of the brands. They carry a lot of European brands from Germany and also some from US. I saw a decent sized refrigerator (Westinghouse or Whirlpool) today when I was scouting it out. They are on Witthayut Rd on the second floor in a large bldg (dont know name sorry) opposite the US embassy. There is also a large one on Lard Prao Soi about 130 and a small branch in the Emporium 5th floor.

Your description sounds like a Prima Superchef convection roaster. If it is one of these then they are excellent and can be used for all sorts of cooking. They are fine for toast if you use the high rack and it will do both sides at once.

Basically, they have a compact fan heater with timer and thermostat built in to the cover. It needs no fat to roast or whatever.

I wouldn't be without mine and it cooks food much quicker than a conventional oven.

Thanks for the feedback/info.

I should have mentioned, I was looking for a

(by thai standards) large toaster oven.

The ones I have seen avalable looked like they may do 2 sandwhiches.

I want to find one with inside dim appx 22X12 inches, with 2 shelves, broil and convection modes.

( want to make home made pizza, broil fish, ect)

I'll check out the places you mention agin, maybe I'll get lucky.

the Prima Superchef sounds like the one I got, makes a mess of pizza ( trying to get it out is a challenge) but great for chicken.

thanks

Archived