American football in LOS

tbear31

I live in Egypt, where there is NEVER American football, basketball, or baseball on tv (and little to no Sanuk either). So it is always a treat for me to travel to Thailand, especially for the Sanuk, but also to see American sports. I don't remember the name/initials of the satellite or cable system that most bars and hotels seem to have, but there is a channel that picks up games from major U.S. networks.

Keep in mind the time difference though. As I recall, prime time games are very early in morning in LOS and if I've got it figured out right (time zones are one of many topics that make my feeble mindedness kick in), Sunday afternoon football would be middle of the night Sun/Mon in Thailand.

A highlight of my trip in June was waking up for 7 a.m. breakfast at Bourbon Street, then thinking to stick my head in bar around the corner and asking Mammasan if any girls available. She woke up two, including one very fine, which I took back to room to keep me entertained while I watched first game of Lakers-Sixers series!!

quote:

Originally posted by tbear31:

Are their places in BKK and Pattaya where you can see American football games?

Thanks,

T

The short answer YES - everywhere provided you mean NFL

Big Kev is right Thailand IMO is one of the best spots in terms of TV sports coverage.

Through UBC the local cable provider they offer most european, OZ/NZ and US sports.

ESPN/Star and Star Sports will provide the usual mix inc ice hockey,basketball baseball pool, ten pin bowling rugby and spanish/italian soccer much of it live and then repeated ad nauseum

Super Sports and Super Sports Gold televise Us football again live with repeats in the evening and during the week. They also cover Soccer -UK premiership, italian and german leagues again live with repeats.

As an example. Last night I watched South Africa vs Australia Rugby union live at 10pm.

This morning there was the latest Roy Jones fight again live. Also today will be some Formula 1 race or other and right this minute the second half of Manchester United vs Thailand soccer is about to start on a local thai channel.

I have watched soccer rugby and US football live and taped in many bars/agogo's in LOS.

The Thais love their sport

When the last World Cup was on the whole of the area aroud the WTC was turned into a vast open air arena. Very large screens were erected.

Yesterday 30000 people showed up to watch Man U go through a light training exercise

If TV sports is your bag and enjoy watching whilst drinking or looking at the ladies Thailand is the place for you.

Archived