snorkeling

Hi ,

I plan to go to Thailand in January for a month to escape the winter months of northern Minnesota. A couple of questions one as I am planning to visit Payatta and I do like to snorkel should I bring my fins, snorkel and mask if there are some places for that sort of thing there or close by up or down the coast. Another question would be that it is my hope to find a place to spend 6-7 months of each year in a tropical location on the ocean with snorkeling locations as close as possible. Is there and area close by Payatta or another town where I can rent a cottage or bungalow and how much should I expect to pay

thank you

crazy.gif" border="0 thumper

Thumper,

I recommend you bring your own MFS, as rental gear never fits as good as your own.

There are plenty of places to snorkel near Pattaya. Just check with any of the dozens of dive shops and they will steer you in the right direction.

Phuket is far better for marine life and visibility, but Pattaya is better for sanuking.

Either way the LOS is a great place to spend 6 or 7 months, assuming Taksin doesn't turn it into the North Korea of S.E.A..

BTW, this should have gone in the sports and leisure section.

KS, would you do the honors?

Archived