Ice Skating-New for the Girls?

JAYBLOOM

The word 'ice-skating' always brings me out in a cold sweat. I tried it once in the 1980's and spent an hour clinging to the railing while 12 year old girls did figure of eights in little pink tu-tus. I have rarely been so ashamed!

It's on a par with standing at the shallow end of a swimming pool with a pair of water wings - something else I still have to do.

I never had a problem getting started...it was the stopping that was tough. Ice-rink holds fond memories as was the first place we could ever get served beer when I was a lad and was THE hangout on a friday night. Always met a girl there and ended up in a pile on the floor, through intention or otherwise it was always fun smile.gif" border="0

Haven't tried sk8ting in Bkk yet though.

Ahhh it is great let me assure you. ANd I am not just saying that because I am canadian.

I go skating often at the WTC. It is not expensive about 130 bhat per afternoon including rental of skates.

But the best part is that it is a bit warm in there and at the end of the afternoon there is a small layer of water on the ice. And when there girls in skirts and spagetti string shirts fall, it is a wet t-shirt contest and with the cool ice it makes it a little nipply. hmmmm.

I have introduced it to 5 thai women and they all love it.

Go for it.

I've introduced it to two Thai girls and they both hated it. It seems to combine the usual Thai hates of:

1. Not willing to make a fool of oneself.

2. Being too difficult to learn within a few minutes

3. Being too cold

4. Being too wet

5. It may hurt if you fall down

I liked it though!

quote:

Originally posted by bibblies:

1. Not willing to make a fool of oneself.

You serious? I thought this was their specialty! To me they've always appeared absolutely shameless and totally un-selfconscious about such things. Just listen to them sing karaoke. LOL.

p.s. agree on points 2,3,4 and 5 though. big sooks. laugh.gif" border="0

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: Dan ]

Archived