Royal Springfield Golf Course - Cha Am: Information

On the weekend my wife, father and I played 2 rounds of golf at Royal Springfield Golf Course in Cha Am, the following were my observations about the course, caddies, cost etc...:

NOTE: Both my wife and I are members at Springfield. This is an objective view of how the course was run.

Cost per round : 1,100 Baht (900 Green Fee, 200 Caddy Fee) for guests, for members (200 Caddy Fee)

Electronic Cart - Not required as it was not too hot. If you want to hire it was around 800 Baht, which I think is a tad expensive. Recommendation, in April hire an electronic cart.

Caddies - Spoke good english and knew their distances but their knowledge of the greens was severely lacking...

Drink/Toilet stations - Every 3 holes and clean.

Food Cost on course - Expensive

Drink Cost on course - reasonable to expensive

Time Taken to play 18 holes - Both rounds were played in 4 hours. Tee off times were 12:24 on Saturday and 7:44 on Sunday.

Organisation of paying green fees - It is organised but slow...

Organisation of paying for driving range balls - Excellent.

Course Condition - Excellent, greens were quick and fairways were green, only problem was wet fairways at 8am but I guess this necessary to keep the fairways in good condition...

Locker Rooms - In good condition with a good working showers(most important!!)

Friendliness of staff - Extremely helpful and friendly.

Maintenance of course - Maintenance of course is good and the caddies will always replace your divots....

Hope this helps people who are interested on golfing in Cha-Am....

Sanukboot.

Give Lake View and Majestic Creek courses a try as well, both have great layouts and are always in excellent codition. Slightly cheaper than Springfield and often less crowded as they are not as prestigious.

Excellent Report SanukBoot

Wish every member is a golfer can put out the details of the courses he has played in Thailand.

Personally I played only in Phuket at the Loch Palm, The Phuket Country club (both 18 & 9 hole courses) and the Lake course at the Blue Canyon. I tend to keep the score cards as a souvenir of the different courses I play. I can put in my two bit report if such Golf Courses In Thailand report is put on this board.

smile.gif" border="0

Archived