Thai football commentary / Shevie Singh

JCK

I’ve never taken it for granted that living abroad allows you to see far more live premier footy (soccer) matches on TV than you ever could in England! It’s great! I’ve taken to watching most matches at home now. Only trouble is I get Thai commentary. I know you can get TV’s which allow you to select other languages if available. However, my TV or the remote control doesn’t have this option. Do I need a new TV or just a new remote?

Fortunately, I get the excellent half-time analysis in English from footballing greats such as Bryan Robson, Alan Brazil, Peter Withe and ……Shevie Singh. How on earth do Robbo and fat boy Brazil keep a straight face when this guy gives his views?

His only saving grace is him claiming to be a Spurs fan. However, even I have to admit his bias towards anything Spurs-related makes him a laughing stock.

In case you are one of many who say, “Who the f--- is Shevie Singh?” (including Robbo and Alan Brazil I’m sure), he used to play for Malaysia. Nice country – very crap football.

Yes i agree thatbit is the TV that needs to be changed not the remote.

You need the dual language model. The box is usually marked bi-lingual when describing the features.

There are more bilingual models than not.

Do not rely on the sales assistant for help though - check the box.

As in most such stores around the world they actually have little clue as to the features and of course in this case they would have no interest in said feature.

They are not expensive. I purchased mine from Lotus Supermarket and basically bought the cheapest in stock

Shevie is my hero. At least he appears to be enjoying himself.

Old Robbo is as stiff as a board.

Bring back John Beresford

On solution is to buy a er, um, ahh- ummmmmm no-so-legal-cable-convertor. Someone that "I" know have an ALLSTAR cable convertor. Just hook it up to the UBC line and all channels come in and both languages and the convertor has a button to change languages. (DONT NEED ON ON THE TV) Price B7500. monthly cost- free. Memories PRICELESS.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: whosyourdaddy ]

John Beresford? No way! Bring back Saint and Greavsie. I’m sure SE Asian viewers would be on the floor laughing at jokes such as:

“What d’you think about the sixth round, Greavsie?”

“It’s gotta be yours Saint, I’ve bought the last five”.

Actually, after a few nights of Bryan 'Brains' Robson, I'm getting a bit nostalgic for Shevvy's insights. I love 'Captain Marvel's' devastating analyses of the teams where they put the line up on the screen and he reads it out and demonstrates his mathematical wizardry by pointing out to the ignorant masses exactly how many will be playing in midfield. Twat.

(I downloaded a live performance of this JCC classic the other day and it is currently my favourite word again "They haven't got a good word for you, but I have ..... ")

LG

quote:

Originally posted by JCK:

I'm warming to Shebby. He knows a bit about footy I suppose but I reckon he’s after a team doctor job.

I blame the North-Eastern diet.

Tremendous - I managed to miss that one. I would rank that pretty much on a par with former ESPN mainman Tommy Smyth and his immortal ".... and Seaman shot out like a rocket!"

LG

Archived