Golf Course Suggestions?

I'll be visiting BKK in early April. I've found info on several golf courses via golf-asia and various Thai golf websites, but would like to hear some suggestions/comments from the nanaplaza crowd....

Navatanee Golf Course - Fantastic, about 45 minutes to 1 hour drive from Sukhumvit...Worth the money and it is on the expensive side...

Lak Si, Ram Inthra Road. Army Golf course...Nice golf course, cheap but very crowded on weekends....look for a 6 hour round...

Thana City, Banga Trad

...Good golf course, worthwhile but if had a short time then I would choose other ones...

Weekends away - Pattaya is a golf haven, played on 1 or 2 golf courses but I know there are many more around.

Hua hin - 5 golf courses to pick from (Springfield, Palm Hills, Majestic Creek, and 2 others forgotten the name)

If you want more info on specific courses, then you can PM me....

Sanukboot.

From my experience a day of golf on the weekend is normally a close to a full day experience even if it is 1 hours drive from Bangkok.....Your looking at min. 5 hour rounds on most courses.

What I would recommend is that you use it as an opportunity to see places outside of Bangkok...Therefore, go north , or go south to Pattaya or south west to Hua Hin and spend the weekend there.... 1 day of golf and the other sightseeing around the province you go to or in between Bangkok and the province....

Anyway, up to you and your schedule. PM if you need more info.

Sanukboot.

in terms of transportation cost for a weekend away from BKK you should be looking at 3000Baht for van, plus fuel, plus tolls, plus tip.

Should be no more than 4,500Baht....

Sanukboot.

Go down to Pattaya and join up with the Pattaya Sports Club, the cost of the membership will repay itself with discounts after only a few rounds.

Their are quite a few courses round there and bars that go on trips. One pub that I went with last year is "The Bunker". They usually have about 3 trips a week and pull in a hard core and casual members, very friendly crowd.

Archived