What was your first favorite song?

USVirgin

1st song i remember-Silence Is Golden-The Tremeloes.

1st record i ever bought-Donna-10CC.

record that reminds me of my 1st love-Wonderful Tonight-Clapton.

record that reminds me so much of Thailand and that special Girl-Winds Of Change-The Scorpions.

record that reminds me off my current love-Come On Eileen-Dexy's Midnight Runners,because her name is...................

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'You'll Be Mine' by Howling Wolf I think it was. Chess Records. Heard it on the radio and bought it at the local record shop. 45 rpm. 1st record I ever bought. Was living in southern Jersey then and there was a local blues station I listened to sorta secretly on my transistor radio I had gotten for Xmas that year ('62 or '63). I also played the shit out of an old Elvis .45 I picked up the same year. I was 9 or 10 then. The Philly radio stations were the strongest reception I got on that cheap transistor radio. My father thought I'd gone nuts. :smirk: Listening to 'colored' music was frowned on really back then for a young white kid. :) Christ, there were still railroad tracks that seperated the white section of the town from the black neighborhood back then.

Cent

p.s. That was the first song I actually bought the recording of. If you want first ever song I liked it would probably be 'Doggie in the Window'. My parents had a collection of records I enjoyed. Herb Albert I dug, though maybe more for the naked woman covered in Whipped Creme on the cover. My first girlfriend's mother was a jazz freak and over their house (I was there daily after school for a couple of years) and I heard loads of great old jazz there, blues as well.

Archived