Business in Thailand

Hi people . i have just read a few of the previous posts on the topic of business in Thailand and am not sure what reaction I will get - But please bear with me - I am not exactly a new boy to things in Thailand Shit i can even remember the Nana Hotel when there wasn,t a Nana Plaza opposite and 500 baht would get you heaps. My Thai wife and i are thinking of moving permanently from Australia and setting up some sort of business { not a bar -too much problem}Mainly my idea is to get the family working and we can sit back and supervise and take a bit of spending money out for the necessary living expenses???-I know this is a big ask but am wondering if anyone here has done something similiar and if so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Thanks a lot and cheers from the Gold Coast Australia

I'm thinking of moving back to the Gold Coast, wanna swap? Joking really, take a lot to move me out of here. To get any thing really contructive you need to tell us what sort of skills you have. As I have said here before setting up a business in Thailand is not an easy, sort of evidenced by the way shops open and close so regularly.In general Margins are much thinner here than back in OZ mind you so are many of the overheads. I wouldn't go into any business that I didn't have the appropriate set of skills for. I have identified a great good opportunity for a partic type business here, but I'm reluctant to branch into it because my experience doesn't lie in that partic field.

You need a Thai partner with considerable experience getting "things done" very difficult without one. While it works for some but I personally wouldn't advise going into business with your wife as a partner. Places too much strain on the relationship and make the decision making less than objective.

Archived