Best method of transferring money from the UK

My solicitor owes me a small amount of money (260 pound - around 16,000 baht). Not a great deal of money but better in my pocket than theirs.

What would be the cheapest way of transferring the money out to the LOS. I no longer have any UK bank accounts.

Would I be able to pay a check in pounds sterling into one of my Thai bank accounts?

How much would it cost to make a bank credit transfer from the uk to a Thai bank account?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions.

I originally thought of a Thomas Cooke Moneygram but the 70 pound fee seems disproportionately excessive for such a small amount of money.

The cheapest way is for him to open an account, deposit the money in it, send you an ATM card and pin number, and you withdraw it via ATM.

A lot of hassle for him but cheapest for you. If you deposit it in a baht a/c they will charge you around 500 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Blackcat,

If you have a thai bank account then most banks will transfer money to it. In LLoyds TSB they call it an International Money Transfer and it costs £13 and takes 5 days. It does go up to £26 if you want it immediate.

Chock dee

mitch laugh.gif" border="0

Archived