Freight Forwarder

SUZIBANDIT

I'm new with the posts here, but I was hoping someone out here might be able to help.

I am currently looking for a new freight forwarder. Preferably one in Chiang Mai, but BKK would be ok.

I have a few possibilities already, but I am looking for more. If anyone has any experience with a reliable forwarder that offers one-to-one contact (I don't want to deal with a bunch of different people in the same office), and preferably has some expertise in the textile industry, I would be very grateful for any leads.

Also, if the forwarder has an office or partnership with a US customs clearer, that would be an added bonus.

I know thats asking a bit, but any leads would be a help.

Thanks

Suzi,

I do a bit of importing into the USA from Chiang Mai.

I can give you a Chiang Mai based, a Bangkok based or a USA based Forwarder... Which do you prefer?

I have worked closely with the USA company... I know the owners personally and I can vouch for their service. Their Head Office is in HK, and they have offices and agents in most countriews in Asia. I have the contact info for their Office in NYC... Hector, the GM is a great guy. It's a smaller company then some of the big boys... but this only makes them hungrier for your business and more anxious to please.

The BKK service is the agent company for the USA Forwarder... So I have used them both for Export to the USA and Import from HK into Thailand but you can still go to them direct... I don't know who they will use as their agent in the USA.

In Chiang Mai I just got a quotation from the Forwarder used regulary by my factory... I have not yet compared their prices with my USA forwarder and unless they are MUCH cheaper I doubt that I will use them. I am sure that this is a reputable company, but I will probably prefer to maintain my current relationship as it insures great Customer Service.

Personnaly, being USA based (until I move to BKK in March) I prefer a USA Forwarder who knows how to deal with US Customs... This, afterall, is the more intricate part of the whole Import/Export process. Also, it's easier to set up a credit line.

Let me know just how much info you want... I'll be happy to help.

BTW... Just what products are you looking to buy in Chiang Mai? Maybe I can help with a few things... I also have a Thai based Trading company in BKK with a Thai partner. As well as other hard goods, I have experience importing Thai Silk, which is easier to import than anything made from COTTON.

If your products are made from cotton, or even synthectic blends, remember that you will need a "Quota Visa" and this must come from the Factory... You can't apply for one as the buyer/importer.

Regards and Best of luck,

CS

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: CosmicSurfer ]

Archived