thailand/asia 3 months,what visa?

belfastish

hey all

im traveling to asia for 3 months in janaury,i will be traveling ,lao,veit and cambadia too,whats the best visa to get for los,just a 30day one and go out of the country or a longer one as it may a hassle leaving the country depending where i am close to the 30days,is it easy to get longer than 30 days?can you only get a 30 day one a certain number of times a year?

im on a uk passport but have lived in australia 3 yrs on working sponsored visa,would i apply in australia or uk?

thanks

You can get a 30-day tourist visa on arrival. If you're going to be going in and out, that's the easiest. You can extend it 2 weeks (I think) at Bangkok Immigration, if you need to. Laos makes you pay for a tourist visa. I paid 1,000 baht a couple of years ago, but I think it may have gone up a bit. Don't know about Vietnam. Haven't been there since 1970. I didn't need a visa then. ;)

p.s. If you did get a longer visa, you'd have to pay for re-entry permits or lose the visa when you left Thailand.

That's pretty spot on. It may be easier to get your Viet visa in Australia through your travel agent than waste holiday time at embassies or consulates in Asia.

I traveled with someone on a similar trip once and he had Lao, Vietnamese and Cambodian visas in his passport courtesy of his travel agent all ready to go. It cost him a bit more but he never had to worry about them. Saved him time at entry points as well. (Or it would have if he hadn't had to wait for me).

You can extend it for a max of 7 days once you're here but it's like 1900 baht or something like that. Might be better to get a 60 day tourist visa before you leave to go to Thailand.

Or you could do an overstay (which I am certainly not promoting) for 3 days. 1st day is no fine, days 2 and 3 are 500 baht each and payable as you depart the airport. No hassle really unless you're caught by the BiB before you leave.

Mightjust do the 60 day thing. Depends on my funds issue,just may stay longer as my work will be slow untill March next year.

Over stayed one trip by a day.. Went to Img. in Pattaya.Told them what was going to happen. Man said no problem..

Ok get to airport. they see my passport. Had to go sit in the corner and listen to man talk about being over 1 day. Really it was 6 hrs.

no fine,but he made it sound like I was a real bad law breaker.. :(

Archived