Bangkok Based Programmer required

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a bind trying to get some local programmers just can't seem to find the right source yet - anyone got any good tips / hints?

I am looking to take on one (possibly 2) local (Bangkok) programmers for a contract of 6 months that may get extended out to 12 months depending on how well things go. We are not in a position to recruit full time permanent programmers (part time but still 6 month contract may be a possibility). We are certainly not in a position to pay an ex-pat package but a very good 'local' package could be on the table for the right candidate(s).

Does anyone have any good recruitment agencies that they deal with and could recommend? What has been your best method for getting quality CVs to read through?

From other postings I have a couple of sites to check out (http://www.ethailand.com/? and http://www.ismtech.net/) but if anyone has any good tips from their own experience then they would be much appreciated.

The sort of proggie that we are looking for is a graduate with (really pushing the wish-list here....) a couple of years experience. The development language we are using is Delphi against a MS SQL database.

The applications are basically just management information systems - certainly not rocket science. A good comprehension of English (written and spoken) is essential as they would be working in a small department of ex-pats who have not mastered the local language.

Any hints or tips that you could pass on would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Dapper.

quote:

Just curious, how much are you planning on paying these chaps?

The expected rates seem to vary from around THB15,000 for a recent graduate up to around THB40,000 for some one with a good bit of relevant development / commercial experience. These 'expected' rates are within budget. We anticipate to have to pay a bit more due to the fact that we can only offer a temporary position.

D

Im a programmer looking for work.. Ill be arriving in BKK late Jan. If you can hold out until then I would be very interest.

I have 2 years commercial experience...etc

Let me know if you are interested I can forward my resume.

Pussyraider

Thanks to those that have replied - either to the thread or via personal messages. I have a couple of good leads that (due to the holiday season) will be followed up early in the new year.

If anyone has more hints/tips/suggestions then please keep them rolling in.

TIA

D

Archived