Euro vs Usd

Azmit

quote:

Originally posted by ALHOLK:

The Euro will most likely be widely accepted just as the Swedish Krona is. What it won't have is the magic aura of the US$. Just like stocks, currency is worth exactly what traders think it's worth.

Once a freelancer stole a 100$ bill while I was sleeping. Beside the bill was a wad of Thai money, about 4000 baht, which she didn't touch. This was at a time when the US$ was ~25 baht. I think this clearly demonstrates the magic of the US$.

I rarely go outside Europe without carrying a small amount of US$. This might change over time ofcourse but it will take many years. Perhaps in the future if Russia joins the EU (they are Europeans you know) and makes it into the greatest power on earth.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi Alholk,

Re the $100 dollar bill, I think she probably stole that because she thought you would not miss it until the end of the holiday.

If I were a thief and in that situation thats how I would think. She probably assumed that you would know precisely how much baht you had, but that the $ 100 dollars would nt be missed and then every companion would in her mind be under suspicion by you and not just her.

As regards Sweden, Sweden hasnt actually got an opt out clause as Denmark and the UK have, so technically speaking you should be able to use Euos at your local shops.

shocked.gif" border="0

Archived