UK

ABCinBK

This is a slightly off-subject topic for Nanaplaza, but somewhat related.

I'm looking at possibly doing some work in the UK, but I am an American citizen. I'm wondering:

1) How hard is it to get a work permit? and how long to get it? how much?

2) If I contract instead, and bill thru a company in the UK, how hard will it be for me to get a business visa instead? Will that be sufficient since I won't be an employee?

3) For those with the experience, how hard would it be for a Thai girl to get into the UK....she has been in the USA for over 6 months already.

ABC

hello i can't answer your work permit questions but would imagine not very difficult for work because your american.

as far as your thai lady goes very difficult you have to prove you can support her in the u.k and as you havent got a job here the goverment says you cannot support her but try your best anyway.

good luck

jonboy

Hi, it all depends on what you do, if your a IT professional relatively easy, also if your a medical man or teacher easy.

I am in the process of getting a Thai girl in on holiday, it is proving not a s difficult as I thought. In effect a company is sponsoring her, the company pretty much exists in name only, This coupled with her enrolment on a english language course, proof of this needed and its not that difficult

As you an non EU citizen it could be easy or difficult depending on what you do.

Strictly speaking the company employing you has to show that they cannot employ an EU citzen ie special skills etc before you will get a visa.

if you come here on spec and get a job you will normally need to leave the uk and re enter on a different visa. Thats what happened when we hired an american last year.

check out your local embassy or consultate or www.fco.gov.uk

no idea about your gf though. best of luck

Archived