Teaching In Cambodia!

Savittre

Hi All,

I'm thinking of teaching English in Cambodia, but want to gather some info before I make my final decision. I have a lot of questions, too many for one post really, but if anyone knows anything about any of the questions I have, I would appreciate hearing from you!! OK, here I go-

1. Does anyone have any websites dealing specifically with teaching in Cambodia?

2. Does anyone have any contact info for Private Language Schools or other places I can teach in Cambodia ?

3. Does anyone have any info about the availability of English Teaching coursebooks in Cambodia (Phnom Penh or elsewhere) or how to deal with the lack of those books?

4. I've been told it would be best for me to enter the country on a business visa. Can anyone give me any details on the procedure involved??

5. Money!! Can I use ATM's in Cambodia? I'm on the 'Plus' network system. And if I can't use ATM's, what's the best way ? Take USD$$? Or Travellers cheques, and if it's TC's, what kind are most widely accepted?

6. Does Cambodia have any International standard hospitals (ISO Certified or just as good)?

7. Can anyone suggest decent cheap places to stay while I get settled in? I like a quiet place where I can get a good sleep.

8. Is the electrical current in Cambodia the same as Thailand ?

Thank You!!!!!!

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: Savittre ]

• 2 weeks later...

I have also thought about it and I think you would have an enjoyable experience.

I have heard that the pay rate at least in the languge schools is even better than in thailand. Don't know about in universities or international schools but it would be hard to imagine just from the impression of looking at their campuses.

Cardinalblue

cardinalblue

Once in Cambodia, I was listening to a German , who is working at the university in PNH. He was complaining about the skills of the other teachers; however, I don't know about the payment he got. Many others I saw are working in the NGO-field.

Archived