travellers check salvaging

I ran across a BG who upon hearing I was from the US showed me 2 $50 US travellers checks given to her by someone on his last night in LOS. They were not signed at the bottom and she has no contact info. The top signature is cryptic enough the name cannot be determined from it. Is there anyway she can cash these or does she just have to hope he returns some day?

Gee let's see...A BG...well I guess there is no way the TC's are stolen...Can hardly make out the name on them you say?...now we may be on to something crazy.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0 ...(Sorry I couldn't resist)

Hey, BG's end up with all sorts of currencies from different countries. Did not really strike me as unreasonable one would get TC's. If they were stolen, you would expect the guy would have already cancelled them--that's why people use these things.

I think there is a better chance the guy is the scammer in this case; cancelling them BEFORE giving them out, using an illegible signature, not signing the bottom, then fleeing the country. Hmm, that would not be the first time a punter did not pay up just because they could get away with it at the BG's expense.

• 3 weeks later...

i think i agree with teenee here, i would have thought that they were stolen from last nights customer. When i was in Sumui i got asked to cash some cheques for a bg who had had them given from another bg who had stolen them.

mitch laugh.gif" border="0

Is that like running across a BG with a stack of 3 dollar bills ? But than on the other hand she might be a nice lass. Why don't you cash them for her. That would be a nice thing to do......for her. crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Serious Sanuk:

Why don't you cash them for her. That would be a nice thing to do......for her.
crazy.gif" border="0

.... oh yeh, and when the computer flashes "STOLEN" run like hell before you get awarded a complimentary stay at the Bangkok Hilton. shocked.gif" border="0

Archived