Want to buy 6 ~ 8 foot Picnic Table

cavanami

Looking for a 6 to 8 foot outdoor picnic table.

Don't want the ones made out of concrete, want a wooden one.

Saw one on On Nut road, about Soi 28 or so, they wanted 12 K baht. This was the one where they slice a slab of wood from a tree truck and then finish and stain the table top.

Looked OK, but pricey.

I drove up and down Srinakrin

The only other ones are suppose to be around Mo Chit, the opposite side of the city from me. I would hope to find a decently priced shop closer to home.

I seemed to remember shops along Srinakrin but maybe south of the Bangna Trat expressway?

In Bangkok Noi, just past a big MAKRO store, there is a series of five or six handmade furniture shops carrying a whole range of items, tables among them. I can not say (much less spell) the name of the road, but it is on the #40 bus route and is one of the main roads in Bangkok Noi.

There is also a large outdoor furniture shop on Phatanakhan, on the left side about 2 K. if going from Klong Tan towards Srinakrin. Lots of Wicker and Rattan, not sure about solid wood.

Along the expressway that goes from Rama IX to Chaeng Wattana (the Ekkamai extension) there are some shops if I remember correctly they start somewehere after Lotus (left side when coming from Rama IX direction)

12K baht sounds round for wood, it is kinda expensive!

At my house in ChiangMai, I've got a 12 foot teak picnic table (7 inches thick) and two benches made of teak and about the same thickness. You can usually find one thats been confiscaded by the police at a decent price (mine cost 80,000 baht, after being list for 120,000 baht). Even not living there, I'm not too concerned with it being stolen, as it took 8-10 people to set it up. You can probably buy one here cheaper than in BKK and hve it shipped down but it probably would not be worth the effort. If you are interested, I can supply the name and nuber of someone in Chiang Mai that could help.

Archived