Ron Asheton, RIP

limbo

Ron Asheton, guitarist of Iggy and The Stooges was found dead in his house in Ann Arbor yesterday.

It seemed he was dead since a few days before he was but police think that no drugs or alcohol are involved although tests need to give proof.

One of the best guitarists around, paved the way for many punk, grunge and metal bands to come.

1948 - 2009 RIP

According to a Dutch paper, I'm sure other English/US papers will follow suit or have already.

In June 2004, photographer Peter Norrman shot Stooges guitarist Ron Asheton at the Weber Family Restaurant in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was the guitaristâ??s favorite restaurant, which was just minutes from the home he grew up in â?? and the very same house where he died earlier this week. Norrman set up a video camera while he was prepping the shoot, and Georg Cederskog, a Washington correspondent for the Swedish Daily Dagens Nyheter, began posing some questions.

Asheton opened up about Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix and Keith Richards, but he said, â??Brian Jones was my real rock hero. I tried to emulate his haircut and dress.â? He recalled seeing photos of the Beatles when he was still a young kid obsessed with the military, and later discovering another groundbreaking band: â??I was so happy Nirvana existed.â?Â

Another one gone... :rip:

Archived