Caller ID on calls from LOS to US?

Anyone know if American caller ID systems will display the number for an incoming call from a Thai cellphone?

If yes, would you happen to know if the Thai phone was AIS or DTAC?

TIA.

Yes, they will. My (AIS) # shows up on my ex-wife's caller ID box when I call my daughter.

The other direction sometimes works as well, sometimes just shows blank. Lately, however, calls direct dialled from the US via ATT (not sure about others) will show some wierd 09 number on the Thai cell phone. Interesting that when that happens, the voice quality is usually crap.

Fred Garvin,

Yes I have had Thai cell numbers show up on my caller ID. One night last week I call a Thai cell in Bangkok and didn't get a answer. About 10 minutes later my phone rings, yes my number showed up on her cell phone. After talking to her I checked my caller ID and her number was on it. I'm not sure what type service being used in Thailand. One thing I don't understand, I can get numbers on my caller ID from 10,000 miles away in a foreign country, but can't get them in my own state.

"it happends to me too when I call my gf in thailand that the display shows a 09 or 01 number. At first it was hard to explain to her because she thought that I was in thailand and fooling around. "

Yes at first at second and still. I have to show my passport to prove i was not in thailand at the time.

I wonder if ATT can be sued if i end up being chased round the room by someone holding a pair of garden shears

Thanks. Further to this, is there a code that one can enter on an AIS phone, prior to entering the phone number, that will (or is supposed to) block caller ID?

Archived