No Place To Go

Sarisin

The Rex Hotel also has the benefit that it can be used as a short-time hotel. I don't know if they call it that exactly or if they have a special rate, but they don't seem to have a problem with you checking in for only 1/12 of a day. I've never been to the coffee shop, though. It's possible that taxi drivers get a kickback if they take you directly to the hotel; I don't know if it affects your rate.

If you take a taxi, don't forget that most Thais have a problem with words ending in 'x'. RongRaam "Rek" will probably be clearer to the driver than "Rex". Chai mai?

Last night untill 4 something am in Bo Kung Pao,Ratchada.Lots of cool sea food,many girls around,froggy friends singing ashamedly rural and kids songs while I was hiding under the menu.UFC fights on the giant screen.Good time again and still a good place.Waiters didn't even mess the orders but that's not usual.Still very few westerners

"The Rex Hotel Coffee Shop (Rexa) is always full of people afterhours, with a fair selection of "single" women milling about. Best to go with a group though, it isn't a "Thermae" style place. "

Please explain "best to go with a group" and it isn't a "Thermae" style place. Why is a group recommended and what type of place is it?

Archived