Chaing Mai?

So I'm going for the forst time in Nov. I'll be there for two weeks, and I'm definately going to spend a few days in Bangkok and a few days in Pattaya. I'm trying to decide if I should also venture up to Chaing Mai. I hear shopping is great because things are cheaper in general. Hotels are cheaper. I'm not sure what the sanuk scene is like up there though. I'm assuming that's cheaper as well, but what about abundance and quality? I really want to go to see all the temples and stuff, but my prioity is defintely those sweet Thai angels. What do you guys think? Is it worth the trip for a couple days, and is my info so far correct?

Well, I used to live in CM for about a year. It is good for shopping in the night bazaar and good for antiques. CM is much more casual and there are a lot of pretty girls although not as sophisticated as some BKK girls. The nightlife is disappointing compared to BKK or Pattaya, but you can find some action if you look. There are 1 or 2 massage parlors worth a visit, but I usually had the best luck at beer bars or smaller bars around town. Times have chaged since I was there, but it is nice if you plan to see some of the north or even venture out to Chiang Rai or the Burma border of Mai Sai.

Bottom line if you are mostly looking for action, stick to BKK or Pattaya, but if you have some time and looking to see more of the country give it a try.

Have fun.

I've always managed to find someone to my liking in the beer bars or discos. The number of working girls and bars is certainly a lot less than in BKK or Pattaya, so I just have to look a little harder. I like Chiang Mai and always spend some time there every time I visit Thailand.

Some of the girls I met there were great and often went sightseeing with me during the day. They seemed more down to earth and less hardcore than their BKK/Pattaya counterparts, too.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: bgtp ]

do not expect anything cheaper in the sanook dept. Nothing beats Pattaya on that subject, guess the sheer number of women over there explains it.

BGTP, all depends on the girl. I had a girl from C.M. extremely sweet during my stay who then after pestered me with letters asking for hairdressing school tuition (30 000 bahts), and when i said no, telling me this or that farang gave her so many 100$ after a few days, so why not me, blahblah.... The usual suspect. I've met less greedy girls in Pattaya than any other place. That's why i love the place.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Archived