Carryons AirAsia

AloyMak

Air Asia has been recently changing the baggage rules...

I believe it is up to 15kg for 100B and then for every 5 more KGs another higher price. So therefore for checked baggage, it is total weight not number of bags...

That said, they do charge a premium fee for a sports bag up to 15kg at 455B. At that cost, it shouldn't matter what it weighs...This is a bogus one

As to carry on luggage, they do say one bag with a weight size/restriction but what I have observed over the years is this one is rarely enforced nor with any consistency. I usually go over the weight requrement but never been stopped...People always have some weird carry-on stuff in addition to the standard day-packs, computer, purses, and small luggage suitcases/bags. I do see the problem with strict universal enforcement on carry-on items...

Also, many times I have seen customers who don't want to wait for check-ins so they bring their usually bags on or the customers who are late to check-in carry on their usual bags as well...

At best, their enforcement practices are extremely inconsistent about carry-on baggage. You will be either lucky or not depending on the mood of that receptionist at the counter. This is an example of poor traning practices....

CB

• 2 weeks later...

Archived