2 bed apartment

hi all

first of all top marks for a really informative site- big help to all us newbies.

ok - here goes , how much should i expect to pay for a 2 bed apt. , with a/c and kitchen in the sukm road area. do i have any chance for about 600-700 us per month.

checked a few sites , but i think from reading this forum , that the best deals are in local papers. look forward to any advice u may have

thanks again

kev

Kev for around 30,000 baht or 660 us you will find a good place. ApartmentBangkok is for aparts from 10,000 to 40,000 bht and Thaiapartment.com is for ranges of 20,000 to 110,000 per month. Cheack both and you will find a nice place. There are some nice serviced apartments around Suk 39 to 60 at 20,000 to 40,000 range. I found some 2 bd rooms at 140 sm on Suk 1 near nana on thaiapartment.com. If your in LOS go find a real-estate agent to show you around. Give em a 1000 baht note and they will help you all day.

Happy hunting,

SkiBum

thanks guys

not coming till october , after 12 years in the caribbean - need to see a big city again -lol- so im planning a 6 month trip to LOS.

guess the best way to do it is to stay in a hotel for a few days and find an apartment once i get there.

once again thanks - and im sure i will have a few more questions in the up-coming months.

anyone need any info on cuba or costa rica - feel free to ask as thats been my hangout for the last few years( over 20 trips to date). im sure its not up to thailands standards - but still a lot of fun to be had there.

thanks again

kev

Lots to choose from in that range. I just moved in to a new place after looking around for a few days. There was a lot of availability in the 20-25,000 Baht range between soi 10 and 30. I had a lot to choose from.

If you can speak Thai, or know someone that does, check with the motorcycle drivers on Sukhumvit at the various sois. They know the sois pretty well, and there are some good deals to be had that are unlikely to make the papers. I wound up in a furnished 2-bedroom(150 sq meters) for 18K.

Archived