Pattaya, Phuket, or Cambodia??

Hey guys, I will be in BKK for a couple of weeks and want to hit another city for about 3 days or so. Where would you recommend for a quick trip keeping in mind that I only have time for about 3 days.

Thanks

3 days for what? If for sanook and gregarious female company, i only have 3 words for you, one for everyday:

PATTAYA PATTAYA PATTAYA

It's mind-boggling how many sanookers have eschewed Pattaya for years because of what they heard, and when they discovered it, sobbed profusively for listening to nay-sayers.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

It depends on what you are looking for, but hitting another venue for a few days is probably a good idea for a change of pace. Bangkok is conjested, hot and humid, and has both the plusses and minuses of big citylife.

Pattaya---Much more laid back place with a very heavy emphasis on sex. Nightlife rules here, and there will be tons of farangs to interact with. The beaches and water are not exactly clean, but are passable. Some very good restaurants, and only a short bus ride from Bangkok.

Phuket---More upscale in general than Pattaya. A good nightlife scene, but also more couples and families. Several areas to stay in, some secluded, and some more commercialized. Patong is the most tourest laden beach, with lots of bars, but nothing like Pattaya

Cambodia---If you are in to history, some of the venues in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap are a must. The killing fields near Phnom Penh will change your view of mankind

forever. Angkor Wat in Siem Reap is beautiful, but is probably on the endangered list because of the number of tourests. Prepare to put up with a lot of attempts to extract money from you. The sex scene in both places is more than available, but very different from what you will find in Bangkok. Some prefer it, some don't

You left off Chaing Mai. Its also an option for those who havent yet been there. Very different from Bangkok. Second largest city in Thailand, but actually quite small. The scenery around it is beautiful. Lots of trekking available, in a mountain setting. Sex available, but nothing like Bangkok, Pattaya, or even Phuket.

Koh Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Samed, Koh Phangan, and Koh Peepee are all islands you left out, and are all worth a visit. Cha am and Hua hin are beach resort towns not too far from Bangkok, and good places to unwind.

Lots of other possiblilties as well, but you're gonna have to be more specific about what you might be looking for if you want an appropriate suggestion

Unless you are looking for something very specific,though, you will probably find all of these venues worth a 3 day trip.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: kohchaiBKK ]

I would try Phom Phen as there are plenty of sights to see as well as girls to meet.I went for three days and did quite a lot in that time. A driver is $20 a day and will take you anywhere you want to go, firing range, killing fields, k11 etc. If all you are interested in is girls then go to pattaya, although I get bored with pattaya in a day it might be your kind of town.

If you go to cambo just make sure the girl is old enough, especially if a khmer girl. Phuket is expensive, sights minimal, girls same as anywhere else in LOS. Good if you like diving or want to see krabi and Pi Pi -peter

quote:

Originally posted by LiTuP:

Hey guys, I will be in BKK for a couple of weeks and want to hit another city for about 3 days or so. Where would you recommend for a quick trip keeping in mind that I only have time for about 3 days.

Thanks

I quite agree!! While I was planning my first trip to Thailand, I decided to spend a week in Pattaya almost as an afterthought.

Now it wouldn't even cross my mind to do another trip without spending some significant amount of time there!!

-=/NN

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

3 days for what? If for sanook and gregarious female company, i only have 3 words for you, one for everyday:

PATTAYA PATTAYA PATTAYA

It's mind-boggling how many sanookers have eschewed Pattaya for years because of what they heard, and when they discovered it, sobbed profusively for listening to nay-sayers.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

never really enjoyed Pattaya,I'd rather stay 3 more days in bangkok.I did many remarks about PP earlier but they got deleted.Say it's much more disturbing and poorer than BKK,if u look for exotism(but not a funny one)it's a place to go.Krabi has fantastic landscapes and nice beaches,not sure about the girls though.I prefer there than Phuket or Samui

I favor Phuket (if you could not tell from some of my other posts)

The last time in was in Phnom Penh ( just for 24 hrs on business) I managed to get a staff infection in a cut my index finger. ( from the shower I think). NO fun at all.

But for adventure Phnom Penh would be nice to try. lots to see and do. ( if you don't look too closely) overall, kind of grimm IMHO.

I was wondering why a lot of guys say Phuket is more expensive than Pattaya. from the few times I have been to pattaya ( and many to Phuket) it seems about the same to me.

anyway, I alot the same money for each day

(kind of a budget) and have spent the same overall for both.

the only large expense for Phuket is the air fare, but averaged out over 10 days or so, its not much.

I also noticed in phuket the smaller bars like to "ring the bell" /free drinks for the customers more than I noticed in pattaya.

Of course, I don't stay at any of the big hotels. ( the holiday inn in patong comes to mind, expensive IMHO, or the really nice places that charge a fortune, and hassell you for guests)

I eat at what I consider good value for the money places ( like the Islands restraunt, or the grille hutte, ect smile.gif" border="0 not much $$ for a nice meal.

correct me if I am way off on this, please!

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

PATTAYA PATTAYA PATTAYA

Hmmm..... I don't know.... I much prefer it if we kept Pattaya to ourselves and not tell everyone about how good it is. wink.gif" border="0 Its much better when there are only a few tourists in town and all those girls are fighting for our business. smile.gif" border="0

I am on the countdown now and will be there soon!!!! smile.gif" border="0

Archived