Which Phone Network ?

drlove

I just bought my first mobile.

It turns out I was sold an AIS SIM card, when I actually wanted DTAC network. I didn't know the SIM card was network specific and I wasn't offered a choice or explanation by the vendor. At this point I have the AIS SIM and a DTAC top up card. So which one to chuck away?

I only wanted DTAC because it seemed to get the strongest recommendation, but other posters have said AIS is fine and someone recommended TRUE.

Also, I'm here for 3 months and in USA for 3 months at a time, back and forth, and there was a comment that SIM cards / network access expires if not topped up. Is there one that doesn't? Will they stay active for 90 days unused?

I love AIS as far easy ease of use. Everything was easy to figure out and if you needed to call 1175 for help, the menus were in English, if needed and the operators spoke English as well. One drawback was that the minutes expire quickly. About a month after adding them, so the SIM card would then expire and then be invalid for you on your return after 3 months. I'm not sure if you can call AIS to have it re-activated or not.

TRUE has longer expirations periods, 1 year from date of addition. But I have not found their service in English. When I used to call to see how many minutes I had for AIS, I would see the readout in English. TRUE does not seem to have this feature and I actually have to call and the response is in Thai. So I just listen for the numbers. I have not called for service so I don't know if their menus have English options nor do I know if their operators speak English.

Long response but my quick answer would be stay with AIS if you can re-activate the SIM card after expiration.

Archived