Quick Visa Run to KL

RayRay

Hi,

I'm sure someone has done this in the past, but thought I would run it by the board to see if there are any obvious flaws in my plan.

My 30-day visa expires on 10 April as such I need to get the heck out of here tomorrow. Air Asia can get me round trip to KL (same-day) for 6600 TB. Is there any rule stating I have to be out of Thailand for more than 24 hrs?

My current plan is to leave on the 7:00 AM flight from BKK and get back to BKK at ~14:50.

Nope. But have a ticket leaving again as that may be asked for on the return. Rare to be asked for but is required. Also, be aware of the 90/180 day stay rule. I don't know if it's been done away with or enforced much if it's on the books as I get confused easily. If this is your third 30 day entry, they may start checking your docs a little closer.

Ray, I dont know what committments you have in Thailand, but I would advise staying a couple of nights in KL if you can afford it.

For one, its a crazy city, and makes even Bangkok seem 'normal' as far as crowds and traffic. More importantly, a night or two at the Beach Club isnt the worst way to kill a few hours. Georgetown, by contrast, is quieter but significantly more boring.

I got a freebie on my first visit to Georgetown in 1974. Of course, I was a bit younger then. :(

A neighbour a couple of years ago picked up waitresses twice in Georgetown, one Chinese-Malaysian and the other a Malay Muslim. He told me he'd always wanted to shag a Muslim.

:dunno:

There is a bit of nightlife in Georgetown, though much more in KL. Still, if you live in Thailand, you don't go on a prowl in Malaysia. Malaysia's "entertainment" is more of the knocking shop variety.

Made the trip there and back in half a day with no problems. No questions asked leaving or coming back so all is well.

I lived in KL for a year before moving to BKK so no need to go out and see the sights. Been there done that. Don't get me wrong, I like the place but wasn't in the mood to stick around any longer than necessary.

Archived