Where are the best places for snorkling ??

sanmiguel

Hi,

I will go to Thailand next Friday - and I want to know the best places for snorkling.

I am not diving, and I hate to rent a boat, I prefer to go out of my room to the beach - and thats it.

There are many wounderful places in Philippines, but until now I did not find one in Thailand. I plan to go to Koh Tao...

But maybe you will know it better smile.gif

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...no boat out your room right to the sea, eh. No forplay for you. I've been to Phi PHi Don for good snorkling right outside my bungalow. From Railey west/east sea kayok then snorkling is good. I know of places but not right out my front door. Kho Tao is ok but the adaman sea it far better.

Hope I'm helpful,

SkiBum

p.s. Know where i can snow ski in Thailand other then my dreams?

nAJA - for skiing...go to Austria....and for girls cross the Czech boarder smile.gif

So can you tell me any details - where to stay....and where are good places?

I will be in Koh Tao in 1 week and right now I am on the way to BKK domestic airport to catch my flight to Trang....

SM,

I tried to reply to your post a few days ago but I was having problems w/ my firewall.

If you are looking at surface snorkeling - no boats, no scuba - the place to be on Koh Tao is the island connected by a sand bar called Koh Nang Yuan.

The snorkeling on Koh Tao is mediocre at best, but on Nang Yuan at least you are swimming distance from better reefs.

Check out this website: http://www.nangyuan.com/

The large island is Koh Tao. The two smaller islands, really just one, is Koh Nang Yuan.

My experience is having lived and taught scuba on Koh Tao a few years ago.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask further questions if it doesn't.

Archived