BKK hotels rumoured heavily discounted in European press -false?

Donut

According to my local press hotels in Bangkok are right now heavily discounted due to the crisis and low occupancy. However, when I look at the prices on the net (both the hotels own pages and different agencies) the prices are like always - and Swiss Park has even increased the price since October 2008. Is there any truth to the media reports or am I using the wrong approach to find the good offers :question:

/Donut

Hotels prices are indeed lower than usual but you maybe checked the wrong websites?

Most hotels have promotions and lower prices but it is true some booking websites have the same prices as usual.

Out of curiosity, in which newspapers did you see this? Do they name some hotels? Or is it just one more inaccurate western newspaper writing an article about Thailand ?

I have been using Tim's services for the past 3 years and have only good things to say about THD. But as mentioned the press saying one thing and then prices going up in "real life" just made me curious.

/D

Ps. quite sure I will book through THD as usual in any case :thumbup:

Donut,

Great to hear that. Swiss Park has renovations currently going on. They have increased the hotel prices this year and we have not sold half as many rooms as before.

I would give it a miss this trip. Plenty of newer hotels in the area and once I know your dates, would happily email u some options.

Cheers

Tim

Archived