Free online flashcards for learning thai words

I have been trying an idea for flashcards on the internet. I have done a set of cards called "Colours". Before I do any more I would like your help to check to see if it is working on your computer.

http://www.learningthai.com/exercises/colours_001.htm

At the moment I am sure you need Internet 5+ and a Thai font to see the Flashcards.

Please tell me what you think.

I understand what you mean db_sed_aloha. It is easy for me to put a pronunciation guide next to the Thai word (on the Flash page there is already both a guide and sound). My problem is how to write the Thai words in Roman letters. The first word is:

Black - do I write "dam" or "dum"?? The second is closer but the first is official. Then, the Roman letters don't tell you the tone. You can only get that by listening to a native speaker. That is why I always say to people, if you are serious to learn Thai then learn to read first!

I agree with Nattawud I think the site is better off without transliteration ( or the absolute minimum ) . If a person is serious about learning thai its far better to try to bypass transliteration. I suppose a transliterated word might help with pronunciation but the recorded thai speaker should indicate how to pronounce the word much better than any transliteration.

Also there is the never ending problem about how to transliterate thai into roman letters, there is no universal system that will satisfy everyones pronunciation of different letter combinations.

Archived