A revisit to Pattay after 12 years ...take 2

Partyguy

Torneyboy, I really enjoyed your post on your visit to Pattaya. Also really enjoyed your pics you posted afterwards, especially the one of the lobster.... unfortunately shortly after that this thread went to shit. maybe you could post your original topic and pics and we could try it again?

I found it still a dirty looking place ..the beach and surrounds need an urgent makeover ..something like they did at Patong Beach would be a great start...

The bars around and on Walking street don't appear to have changed in the this time period either.

The Restaurants we ate at were pleasant and the food very good and well priced ..

The pressure to "buy:" in the bars and the stalls i feel has backed of since my last visit which is a good thing ....

I have a few more photos that i will load later..

TB, as a fellow Aussie and a Sydneysider, you will be able to relate to my initial joy at seeing the ocean upon arrival in Patters. Less than 30 seconds of wading in the 'soup' convinced me that I would be better off dousing myself in jet fuel. There should be warnings on that beach.

Archived