Police raid illegal quiz night

robaus

The nation's finest swooped on a bar in Soi Post Office Pattaya last night catching a dozen farangs in the act of social intercourse. They pounced on the usual suspect and started interrogating the quizmaster," What are you doing here?""Reading quiz questions" "A likely story", mused the police captain as he scrutinsed the question sheet for several minutes searching for clues. Round 5 Trivia, Question 7: "How many eyes are visible on the King of Hearts" "Ah ... an obvious case of lese majeste." After 15 minutes he ordered the bar closed and he and his storm troopers left. That is almost exactly as it happened ... honest. It was an absolute joke. Whether it was an attempt to catch illegal workers or just a hassle to extract a bribe I don't know. But it ruined an evening's harmless entertainment. If this sort of practice continues in the high season, then farangs will simply not return to LOS and billions of $$ will be lost and 1000s of Thais will be out of work. The irony is that it was not even a girlie bar. Meanwhile in Pattayaland 2 in the gogo bars owned by wealthy VIPs it was business as usual and bible reading classes continued uninterrupted in the rooms upstairs... so I believe.

The police have been active on Soi Post Office the past few days intent on keeping the BJ bars from operating. I saw one of the Pump Station girls on Walking Street fairly early last night and she told me that the bar was closed. Were you guys conducting the quiz with your pants down?

Ranger

>>Were you guys conducting the quiz with your pants down?

Certainly not. Mind you, the police chief must have singled us out as perverts... after all, what normal blokes would devote 2 hours of a Sunday evening to such heady topics as "Where was the 1986 Soccer World Cup held?" when there are 5,000 women outside the front door waiting to be barfined?

Archived