fishing in Pattaya

anyone know a good place to go fishing in Pattaya?

a few trips back i vaguely remember a mate taking me to Suksubi fishing park - great fun - problem is that on subsequent trips none of the motorbike taxis knew where it was so i never had the chance to go back

- anyone know the directions to get there and also are there any other similar places around pattaya?

I passed a sign for some kind of leisure fishing facility on the way to Siam Country Club to play golf. When you leave the main road you go down a long minor road to the course, somewhere off that road to the left I think. Not too far from the course if I remember correctly.

Be careful, there is also a Pattaya Country Club in the area so be sure to ask for SIAM CC.

Last time i was in Pattaya i went to Jomtien fishing park, first time i went i asked a bhat bus driver, it is about half way along Jomtien beach road,look out for The Welcome hotel sign on the left and turn down there it is at the bottom of a dirt tack.

Two lakes there one small and one larg-ish, the bigger one holds catfish up to 15kilos great fun,take a girl with you to translate coz know one speaks english there and she will love it there also,i thought i would have to hold on to the little lady a couple of times,these tiger catfish fight hard.

There are a few little ponds/lakes dotted around,i always hire a jeep while i am there,i like to get out of Pattaya during the day, best thing it to buy a local map(pantee) with these fishing spots on, theres a couple down past the snake farm off the 3rd road, great fishing for banins and captans(spelt how i think they sound) and the girl will barbeque a couple at the end of the day they taste great.

Have fun

Boris

PS next time i want to go to a place called Bung lum fishing park i think near Bangkok any one know where this is?A swedish guy i was chatting to says it has loads of different fish up to 50kilo

There's a place on (3rd Road) between Central Rd. and North road It's called something like "Si Sam fish pond". I've been a few times and there's ton of fish but they're not so easy to catch. They use some weird spring and bread set up. No shitting, I've seen a few 10 pounders pulled out of there.

I'm a pretty good fisherman, but I've caught but a few at Si Sam fish pond and embarssaly admit I actually have been Skunked at the Fish Park.

Check it out, it's worth a try. It's open 24/7, has fair food, a live band, and is a nice place to take a TG for dinner. I've taken several differant girls on seperate occasions and all have really enjoyed going and all have wanted to return.

Archived