Chavalit advises govt to dissolve House

Mentors

The government should dissolve the House of Representatives and call a new election as soon as possible now that its popularity rating is high, Puea Thai Party chairman Chavalit Yongchaiyudh said in his interview with foreign media on Tuesday.

"In fact, I want the government to dissolve the House of Representatives today or tomorrow, since it popularity rating is how high. This should be done now before major problems occur and become more difficult to be solved," he said.

Asked to elaborate on the 'major problems', Gen Chavalit said the government already has problems over the economy and the people's poverty.

When asked about his readiness to take the leadership of the Puea Thai Party, Gen Chavalit said his prime objective of returning to politics was to solve the country's problems which had been left unsolved - particularly relations with neighbouring countries, conflict among people in society, and the southern unrest.

Gen Chavalit was non-committal when asked if he would later assume Puea Thai leadership.

"I have returned for wanting to solve problems. Initially I planned to be a party member only and did not think of becoming a party executive. But, with support from people in the party, I am glad to accept it. However, I do not think I would be party leader or prime minister. My real intention is to work to solve problems for only one year or one and a half years only," Gen Chavalit said.

On the appointment of Thaksin Shinawatra as economic adviser to Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, Gen Chavalit said this happened because the two are friends. He said he envied Thaksin for having such a good friend.

He said he had not talked to Thaksin and therefore did not know for how long the former Thai prime minister would remain in Cambodia.

On the possibility for the government to get Thaksin extradited, the former prime minister said he had not studied relevant laws in detail.

Gen Chavalit, however, cited a case in which Thailand turned down Cambodia's request to extradite Sok Yoeun, who was wanted for an alleged assassination attempt on Hun Sen in 1998.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/159645/chavalit-advises-govt-to-dissolve-house

Trust me on this.

Back to the OP, Chavalit Yongchaiyudh is a very cunning old fox. If he's calling for an election it's because he thinks the government will be thrown out and he'll be nicely positioned to pick up a few crumbs.

yes it hink so.

Why some old people cannot live just as retiree? :dunno:

Abhisit urges Chavalit to review his role

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva Wednesday urged former PM Chavalit Yongchaiyudh to review his role after he had caused a diplomatic spat between Cambodia and Thailand.

"I thought he returned to politics to bring about reconciliation. But his just one trip abroad caused problems to the two countries and caused hostile atmosphere," Abhisit said.

"He should review his role. If he wants to work in politics, he should have give priority to national order, interest and the honor of the country."

The Nation.

:rotfl:

Archived