Free "5-star" Italian eats, BKK *DELETED*

DB,

Aw shucks you could have waited a day to post this.

Long Gun myself and others were looking to fill up there tonight prior to the Londoner Quiz.

Now it looks as if i might have to head over there now as i note that even last night there were people standing in line for upto an hour to get a table

Ooops! Now I have incurred the rath of the "quizzies"! Should I expect to be assaulted with minutiae? ;-)

Aw, you were probably up against an hour's wait anyway, right?

Yes, I think we might have to go for a takeaway to make it for the start of the quiz!

Then again, hopefully people follow my directions from yesterday and spend all night looking for a non-existent restaurant!!

LG

Pete

Do we a) adopt the Thai approach to queueing and just barge our way in when they open the doors or B) get over there earlier than previously scheduled - we can always fill in time afterwards at 'The Office' or somewhere? I can bring some marking to do in the queue!

LG

minutae no, wrong answers most assuredly.

Actually it is probably a pretty good gimmick.

10 tables in the restaurant ( i do not know exactly how many)

Hundreds descendng upon the hotel. Hand out flyers to those in line. Offer them discounts and the like.

How much can it cost? Remember it does not iclude beverages

Good promotion for a new upscale restaurant

Did anybody actually manage to get in here? I met Racha at about 5.45 and we joined the queue just outside the lift, with, at a rough guess, 200 people ahead of us being slowly seated, table by table. Obviously with a crucial quiz night ahead of us we couldn't hang around all night so we intercepted Phiket Pete in the lobby and went for some nibbles at The Office.

I would still be interested to hear what it was like though.

LG

PS We did stop off to look at the menu of the very smart-looking 'Admiral's' Swiss-Thai restaurant in Soi 18. "How long have you been open?" Racha asked the friendly welcome girl. "Midnight" she replied, enigmatically ......

LG,

I believe the admiral pub-restauranton Soi 18 is Scandi not Swiss.

I know all europeans look alike but i did not want the millions of Swiss in bkk heading off to Soi 18 in search of terrific swiss food ...well rosti and fondue anyway and only finding smorgasbord.

Actually the whole night was not our most successful.

Not able to get in at the Rembrandt. The Admiral if i recollect well had specials every night of the week, pizza, barbeque, smorgasbord etc etc but nothing on tuesday's and then a terrific performance at the quiz with neither squad coming close to the prizes not withstanding our attempts to have the winners disqualified for irregularities.

And no 'card game' afterwards to top it off

Archived