Baan Rim Pa prices?

Hi all,

Heard much (and read much) about Baan Rim Pa.

Visited their website and copied some nice recipes too.

Now - have any of you been dining there?

I would like to know the cost of a decent Thai meal there(with or without the pianist).

Something like green curry, panang curry, pad thai, tom yum guung, drinks (juice, thai ice tea, SPY, heineken), tod maan plaa and any that you might have ordered.

Lastly - is there a dance floor there? (slow dance i mean).

Cheers!

Someone who has been there more recently may have better info, but as I remember it:

Appetizers B125 - B300

Entrees B350 - B900

Total for 2 people w/ drinks approx B1,500 - B3,000.

The prices have probably gone up.

I found a travelogue that seems to confirm this:

In reply to:

After a sunset run, I grabbed my bottle of Chateau UAL white Burgundy from the refrigerator in the room and Mike and I took a tuk-tuk to Ban Rim Pa, reputedly the best Thai restaurant in Phuket. Well, I think this place is one of the best restaurants in Thailand. They served what Mike calls ?good American Thai food.? Every table has a water view in this wooden building built on a cliff. We were seated at a large table for four. Waiters immediately poured water and unfolded our cloth napkins. An ice bucket was brought for our wine (corkage fee 400 Baht or $11). We both ordered one of the four set menus (one is vegetarian) consisting of an appetizer of minced something in pastry shells, beef curry, fried chicken wrapped in a leaf, spicy seafood salad, stir-fried vegetables, and steamed rice. Dinner included a light dessert assortment with watermelon cut into the shape of hearts, pineapple cut in the shape of butterflies, a rambutan, and one of those jellied things they serve on Thai Airways. The bill came to just under 2000 Baht ($54) including tax and service.

This is from: http://www.triptalk.com/travelogues/RBrodie/RBrodie%20Thailand%2000.asp

From 2000

Hope that helps

Way out of my "Survivor Style" budget here in Phuket!

But thanks anyway Brink. Even if I minus the wine, it's still way too much - hmm - unless they allow me to just order "green curry with lots of rice and som tam" and "num plao". smile.gif

Archived